Media Assistance Guidelines
About Niagara Falls Tourism (NFT)
Niagara Falls Tourism (NFT) is the official Destination Marketing Organization (DMO) for the City of Niagara Falls, Canada, a non-profit member-based organization representing over 300 member establishments within the city limits of Niagara Falls and throughout the Niagara Region. Members include: accommodations, attractions, entertainment and events, award-winning dining, shopping, spas, theatre, history, outdoor adventures, world-class golf and wineries. Niagara Falls Tourism is the unified voice for tourism in Niagara Falls and a trusted source of accurate information. An industry leader, Niagara Falls Tourism’s activities include creating strategies and executing plans to support a thriving tourism industry in Niagara Falls.
How We Can Help
The Communications Team at Niagara Falls Tourism is here to support media, influencers and other content creators to inspire travel to Niagara Falls. We serve as a resource and may be of help with with:
- Story pitches, editorial content
- Organize media visits and develop itineraries
- Access to tourism activities, attractions and media rates
- Access to images and b-roll
- Spokespeople and interviews
- Fact checking
- Note: unfortunately we are not able to help with visas and film permits but can let you know who to speak to. Drone permit is required within the destination.
Visual Image Lending Policy
When you register for the Niagara Falls Tourism Visual Image Library, you will acknowledge having read this policy and agree to comply fully with the terms. This policy helps ensure the contractual obligation we have with our photographers, videographers, and protects the integrity of any image.
- The images in the Niagara Falls Image and Video Library are used to establish Niagara Falls' brand image at home and abroad.
- Loaned images may not be redistributed, loaned, sold or altered.
- Any photographic images and video loaned by NFT, credit must be given to the photographer/videographer and/or “Niagara Falls Tourism” as indicated and where possible, a link to the Niagara Falls Tourism website niagarafallstourism.com or the hashtag #ExploreNiagara be used.
Approved Image Use
- Newspaper/magazine/online/broadcast stories on Niagara Falls with a travel focus.
- Travel websites with Niagara Falls as a travel destination.
- Guidebooks and travel trade articles.
- Tour Operators and Meeting Planners
- Presentations, videos and materials promoting specific Niagara Falls-based tours and meetings, related magazine and online articles.
- Government Agencies and industry partners who promote tourism to Niagara Falls.
Restrictions - Photographic images and videos cannot be loaned to commercial-based websites or materials created to promote a business or individual unless that business or individual can prove a quantifiable, positive economic impact on the Niagara Falls Tourism industry as a result of the loan.
Media Trip Support Guidelines
- Media may qualify for some level of trip support with a clear commitment to secure coverage that inspires travel to the city of Niagara Falls that reaches the widest audience of prospective future visitors.
- NFT is accountable to our membership for a return on investment for every media visit hosted.
- NFT receives a large volume of media requests. We try to assist in all cases, but priority is given to media on a confirmed assignment.
- Media may be asked to submit an Assignment Letter from their outlet or provide links to recently published clips.
- We request at least four (4) weeks’ notice of your visit. Our ability to assist may be limited if less notice is provided.
- Our budget is dedicated to assisting working media. In some instances where it may be possible to accommodate guests, the guest will be responsible for their portion of meals and expenses.
- There may be blackout periods when NFT will not be able to provide media visit support due to the volume of activity in the city and high occupancy in city hotels. Weekends (Friday and Saturday night) and the months of July and August are generally blackout periods when NFT cannot assist with media visits due to high occupancy and especially during this time of tourism recovery.
- For members of the media preferring to explore on their own, NFT can help media on assignment with support such as suggested story angles and itinerary assistance or supplying contacts.
- Bloggers / influencers must represent a website with topics targeting our key audiences. They must demonstrate a healthy audience and engagement. They must be active on social media (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, Pinterest) throughout their tour plus a commitment to produce at least one blog/story post on their website.
- Film crews we welcome the opportunity to work with TV & film producers, however, NFT cannot arrange work visas or film permits. NFT can provide contact information. Film crews must also ensure liability insurance has been arranged in advance.
- After the visit, media are required to send copies of any articles or broadcast clips that resulted from the assisted visit.
How to Work with Niagara Falls Tourism
If you wish to work with NFT, please submit the completed Media Request Form and Waiver below.
We will do our best to respond to every request, however, due to the volume of requests we receive, we may only be able to respond to those that we are able to work with. If we can’t help on this occasion, we will keep you in mind for future opportunities.
Thank you for your interest in Niagara Falls Canada!
Public Relations Manager
Media Newsletter Sign-up
Receive story ideas and seasonal updates about What's New in Niagara Falls.