The Whirlpool Aero car was designed by a Spanish engineer, Leonardo Torres Quevedo and has been in operation since 1916. The cable car is suspended from six sturdy cables and offers a wonderful view of the Niagara Whirlpool which is formed at the end of the rapids where the gorge turns abruptly counterclockwise and the river escapes through the narrowest channel in the gorge. High above the racing Niagara River, you'll be transported through the air in an antique cable car. Far below, the torrent of water abruptly changes direction and creates one of the world's most mesmerizing natural phenomenon - the Niagara Whirlpool. Sometimes frightening and always unforgettable!
- The aerial cable car travels safely between two different points of the Canadian shore of the Niagara River over the spectacular Whirlpool.
- A round trip is about one kilometer (3,600 feet) and takes about 10 minutes to navigate.
- The capacity of the car is 35 standing passengers.
- Upgrades in design and function occurred in 1961, 1967 and 1984.
- Please note that this attraction is NOT wheelchair accessible.
- Open Seasonally April to November